Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Free preview of my final project.

Because I believe my final project is that cool, here is a free preview.

For those who were not in my workshop group, my final project is an interview with Marv Cook. The majority of the project is a POV from Cook, and his development from a redshirt freshman to Iowa's all-time tight end.

Below is an exerpt from the written component (the interview with Marv Cook) followed by the YouTube video of what he is discussing. Pretty cool stuff. Enjoy.

“Through the course of the season I started to step up in some pretty big games and have some impact on those. It sort of all lead up to the Ohio State game.”

4th and 23. 16 seconds left in the game. Iowa’s ball on the 29-yard line and the Hawkeyes trail 22-27.

“There was a sense of urgency but not a sense of panic. I remember looking around the huddle and the intensity of the setting and the noise,” Cook said. “Everybody has to lean in and listen for the play call, and he’s (Hartlieb) yelling and it’s so intensely loud.”


“The focus.” He places emphasis on the ‘f’ as if a quick shot of adrenaline just went through him as he retells the story, the pace quickening.

“And looking around at the different faces and realizing we’ve got to find a way to make this happen, we worked too hard not to finish this thing off.”


No comments:

Post a Comment