Saturday, January 24, 2009

Introduction

Hey, I'm Sean Patchett. I'm a senior majoring in Journalism and Health and Sports Studies. I was born in Elmhurst, Ill. and moved to Madison, WI. when I was 10. Sports have always been a part of my life.

My dad has had season tickets for Iowa football since I was born, so I've been going to games for as long as I can remember. If I had to pick one sport as a favorite, it would have to be college football. I've also been going to Cubs game since I was little, so I'd have to say baseball is a close second.

I've always liked the Blackhawks, but it was harder paying attention to them seeing as they were rarely on television. Once I moved to Madison though, where hockey is fairly popular, is when I really started getting into hockey. I never played on a team, but every winter the ponds and parks all around Madison are dotted with rinks, so I played a lot of pond hockey. Since then, I can't get enough of the sport.

I've decided to do this blog on the Blackhawks and other important notes and happenings from around the NHL. This season has been exciting and the Blackhawks are finally competitive again. Before I used to watch the team and try and convince myself, "at least it will be fun to watch them develop," with no hopes of postseason play. This year though, it seems almost certain they will make the playoffs (knock on wood). Behind young stars Towes and Kane, and with the goalies who split time have career years, chances are good they'll get out of the first round and have a chance at a decent run.

No comments:

Post a Comment